January 25th 2-5 pm CET
A Free Virtual Event to Catalyze Investment in Europe’s Regenerative Agriculture & Food Sector
There’s a diverse and growing ecosystem of organizations working to transform Europe’s agriculture and food system from extractive and degrading to resilient and regenerative. This transition will require a profound mindset shift, deep collaboration, bold innovation … and capital.
The RFSI Europe event will explore the critical role capital plays in enabling food system transformation across Europe. Event presentations, Q&A, and pitches will connect the dots between the people, organizations, capital, and concepts that will drive lasting change for soil health, food quality, human health, and the planetary well-being.
What Will Be Covered:
A Look at the Funding Landscape for Regenerative Agriculture and Food in Europe
Capital is a critical tool in enabling and incentivizing new practices and approaches.
- How is food system transformation being funded across Europe?
- Who is doing it and with with type of capital?
- What gaps exist today?
Enabling Land Transformation:
In the current system, farmers are incentivized to farm in a way that degrades their soil and contributes to pollution, climate change, and lower-quality food that does not regenerate human health and nutrition. What role can capital play in the transition to new ways of farming and creating systems that help enable farmers to steward the land regeneratively?
Building and Investing in the System
A regenerative food system requires change not just at the farm level but throughout the value chain. Farmers must have a system beyond the farm-gate that will uphold and reward the integrity of regeneratively produced products.
- The development of mid-supply chain infrastructure and end markets for regenerative products are a key missing link. How can we fill this gap and who can help de-risk and fund these opportunities?
- Innovative tools exist to help enable a faster transition on and off the farm. How and what kind of capital can help expedite this by bringing these tools to fruition faster?
Where Are We Now?
So what does the regenerative agriculture and food funding ecosystem look like in Europe today? We’ve created a map to show you! Download map here.
The goals of RFSI Europe include to:
- Define the opportunities for investment and capital needed to move these systems forward
- Connect investors and funders from across the region (and the world) to the opportunities in regenerative agriculture
- Address the barriers for further adoption of and investment in of this type of system
- Examine and learn from success stories and case studies
- Facilitate a dialogue between the many diverse actors in the regenerative agriculture, food, finance and investment ecosystem
< AGENDA ANCHOR >
Agenda | Virtual Program
RFSI Europe will be held on three consecutive Tuesday afternoons: Nov. ?, Nov. ?, and Dec. ? from 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. GMT (Tuesday mornings from ?? – ?? in the U.S.). Each day will feature 2 hours of learning followed by optional small-group networking.
All registrants will be granted access to recordings after the event.
Panelists: Serhat Cicekoglu, Sente Foundry; Josephine Korijn, New AJE Capital; Barry Palte, EQ Capital Partners
< SPEAKERS ANCHOR >
We’re gathering a diverse group of practitioners and thought-leaders for an informative and engaging agenda. Check out the line-up we have for you, plus more added each day!
< SPONSOR ANCHOR >
Thank You to Our Sponsor
SLM Partners is pioneer in natural real assets investing, established in 2009. Our mission is to scale up regenerative farming and forestry systems. We invest in land and real assets across developed markets, partnering with expert local operators. This year, we are actively investing in European tree crop systems: forestry, orchards and agroforestry. Further information.