Iroquois Valley Farmland REIT, PBC is a real estate investment company incorporated as a Public Benefit Company. We are a fast growing company of passionate people that are financing the expansion of organic and regenerative farmland in the United States. Currently, we are $70MM in assets with record interest from new investors. Iroquois Valley is funded by over 500 impact investors in 43 states that support organic farmers while creating financial, social and environmental returns. We are a Certified B Corporation and were recently named an Emeritus Impact Manager for the ImpactAssets 50 2021 (IA 50) to recognize our inclusion on the list since 2012.
Iroquois Valley Farmland REIT, PBC is seeking a VP, Investor Relations to join the team at Company Headquarters in Evanston, IL. Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For the right candidate, we will consider a Director, Investor Relations candidate that could grow into a VP role.
The VP, Investor Relations is responsible for maintaining our existing investor relationships while raising new capital. This role oversees fundraising for the Company’s current and future equity and debt offerings. Investors include foundations, family offices, non-profits, and accredited and non-accredited individual investors. Specifically, the VP, Investor Relations will help create the investor-facing marketing strategies, present Iroquois Valley on webinars, video-conferences, due diligence calls, in-person conferences (when appropriate) and more. This position will report to the CEO and manage one direct report, the Investment Coordinator.
- Present Iroquois Valley’s investment opportunities to prospective investors and financial advisors through meetings (in-person, phone calls, video conferences, webinars, and conference appearances)
- Effectively communicate to prospective investors the nuances of the business, including our financial model, impact story and corporate plans for growth. This will require significant onboarding and continued collaboration with Iroquois Valley staff.
- Grow the Company’s fundraising potential through partnerships with third-parties (digital platforms, broker-dealers, Donor Advised Funds, Investment Advisors and more)
- Ability to quickly become familiar with our current securities offering material and to answer detailed questions about our equity and debt investment terms
- Strong ongoing relationship management with existing investors and financial advisors Manage the Investor Coordinator position and oversee the administration of the existing investor base including distributions, redemptions, tax filings and more
- Manage and improve Company’s online investor portal and CRM system
- Work closely with VP, Farmer Relations to highlight farmer stories in fundraising, particularly around the Soil Restoration Pool, a function of our note offering
- Collaborate with communications department to keep investor-facing marketing materials and website up-to-date
- Collaborate with communications department on marketing strategy and campaigns; make recommendations to marketing & events budget that incorporate sales goals
- Lead architect for new investment offering documents: gather feedback, work with other staff and legal team to produce new offering as needed (typically every 1-2 years)
- Work directly with Company’s legal team to comply with state and federal securities laws
- Communicate investor feedback to staff through a weekly dashboard in order to inform company strategy
- Communicate goals and accomplishments to staff and Board of Directors
Ideal Skills and Experience:
- Education Level: Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- Experience: at least 5 to 10 years of relevant professional experience
- Preferred, but not required: Passed one or more securities examinations, such as Series 66 or Series 63
- Considerable understanding of sustainable food production, farming, natural resources and issues related to environmental sustainability
- Fundraising or sales experience is desired
- Skilled in MS Office (Excel and PowerPoint especially), Google G Suite. Familiarity with CRM systems, training on our system (Investor Management Services) will be provided.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, specifically in managing tasks like dividend distributions, investor communications, and relationships with third-party investment platforms
- Marketing savvy: ability to make recommendations to optimize web content for
fundraising purposes and investor audiences
- Experience creating content for sales documents including pitch decks, fact sheets, and one-pagers
- Leadership and cooperation in small teams and larger group setting
- A self-starter able to function independently and adapt to changing priorities in an entrepreneurial environment
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Iroquois Valley is based in Evanston, Illinois. We prefer this position to be Evanston-based, however, exceptional candidates can be remote. If remote, expect to travel to the Evanston Headquarters to work with the Iroquois Valley team 3-5 weeks out of the year (in this case a travel stipend will be available). An additional 2-5 weeks of travel are expected for partnership and farmer development across the United States. Please note that travel requirements are temporarily paused due to COVID-19.
Iroquois Valley Farmland REIT, PBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status.