Regenerative Food Systems Investment is hiring!
Business Development & Sales Lead
Regenerative Food Systems Investment (RFSI) is a rapidly growing, high-potential content company whose mission is to Catalyze Connections and Capital for Regenerative Food Systems. We are seeking the right person to join our team to lead our efforts to grow revenue and impact in a booming, innovation-filled environment working to improve our food system. We are looking for someone who gets excited about building relationships in the agriculture and investing industry, who values making a positive impact in their work, and who has experience reaching and exceeding sales goals. Why would an extraordinary individual like this want to join our team? We pride ourselves on a healthy team culture, an engaged customer community, and a mission committed to creating healthier food systems, impactful financial systems, and thriving communities. While we expect high performance, we offer strong benefits and a flexible working environment. This position will report to the Managing Director. Some travel is required. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume here.
RFSI is part of Breaking Ground Institute (BGI) an education, event, and content company that works to grow impactful niche market and businesses communities – including but not limited to agriculture and food – by facilitating opportunities to learn and build stronger business networks.
Benefits include paid time off, health/dental/vision plans, 401K, and more.
Location: This is a remote position with potential to work from central office located in Greeley, Colorado, if needed.
- Grow sales revenue by recruiting new accounts and business partnerships.
- Maintain and build current relationships with active accounts.
- Understand and have command of all sales opportunities.
- Build and maintain active prospect list and prospecting program to find new clients.
- Organize sales packages that reach across our business lines.
- Regularly survey clients to understand how we can do better.
- Identify new opportunities for mutually beneficial partnerships
- Work with team to identify and develop new business lines and revenue streams
- Help recruit new groups of funders, service providers, and solutions builders into our community
- Attend events to represent RFSI, our mission and our initiatives, as well as develop new business relationships
- Maintain a CRM database of business partners and prospects.
- Contribute relevant learnings from business relationships to internal content planning
- Support overall marketing and event logistics, as needed
- Support billing & invoicing of clients on a monthly basis.
- Support collections and receivables for client payments.
Experience and Qualifications
- Three to five years sales experience required, in a similar consultative revenue generating role
- Demonstrate strong business judgment and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives while working independently.
- Experience in building relationships in the agriculture and/or investment industry a big plus;
- Understanding of regenerative agriculture and real asset investment a plus;
- Must be able to demonstrate tactics for growing and building sponsorship and advertising accounts;
- The ability to connect with all members of the staff as well as all facets of the community
- Must be a self-starter and highly motivated;
- Must be able to (or learn quickly to) work within QuickBooks, Hubspot and other software;
- Must be able to creatively problem solve for and with clients;
- Must understand how to communicate clearly, both with written words and speech;
- Must be a team player and understand team dynamics; and
- Must be able to work remotely
- Must be able to travel as needed.