Regenerative Food Systems Investment is hiring!
Breaking Ground Institute (BGI) is a young education, event, and media operation owned by the 46-year-old Swift Communications, working to grow impactful niche market and businesses communities in the agriculture and food space. We do this by facilitating opportunities to learn, collaborate and build stronger business relationships and networks through the first-rate events, services, online platforms, and publications. BGI currently is consists of three core initiatives: Regenerative Food Systems Investment, Emerging Leaders in Food & Ag, and Influential Women.
BGI is growing and seeks the right person to lead our efforts to expand our impact and reach the next level in a rapidly expanding sector working to improve our food system. We are looking for someone who thinks like an entrepreneur, who gets excited about building relationships in the agriculture and investing industry, who values making a positive impact in their work, and who has experience reaching and exceeding sales goals. Why would an extraordinary individual like this want to join our team? We pride ourselves on a diverse team culture, a healthy customer community, and a mission committed to creating healthier food systems, impactful financial systems, and thriving communities. While we expect high performance, we offer strong benefits and a flexible working environment. This position will report to the Director of Breaking Ground Institute / GM of Events & Media for Swift Communications. Some travel is required. EOE. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to link below.
- Grow sales revenue by generating new accounts and business partnerships.
- Maintain and build current relationships with active partners and clients.
- Understand and have command of all sales opportunities.
- Work with team on the development of new business lines.
- Build and maintain active prospect list and prospecting program to find new clients.
- Organize sales packages that reach across our event, digital and print channels.
- Attend events to represent Breaking Ground Institute and its distinct initiatives and develop new business relationships
- Work closely with Breaking Ground Institute and Swift Communication departments to ensure good communication.
- Support sister brands at Acres U.S.A. and Countryside Publications.
- Meet deadlines.
- Regularly survey clients to understand how we can do better.
- Manage a CRM database.
- Support billing & invoicing of clients on a monthly basis.
- Support collections and receivables for client payments.
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in building relationships in the agriculture industry a big plus;
- Understanding of regenerative agriculture and real asset investment a plus;
- Must be able to demonstrate tactics for growing and building sponsorship and advertising accounts;
- Must be a self-starter and highly motivated;
- Must be able to work within QuickBooks, CRMs and other software;
- Must understand how to communicate clearly, both with written words and speech;
- Must be able to creatively problem solve for and with clients;
- Must be a team player and understand team dynamics; and
- Must be able to work remotely.
Swift Communications is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Salary DOE. Benefits include PTO, health/dental/vision plans, 401K, and more.
Training: Center for Sales Strategy training will be offered in the first 60 days of employment.
Location: This is a remote position that can work in any state Swift Communications operates.